Click to launch book reader: here
The Hindustanee (Vol. I, No. IV)
The April 1, 1914 issue of The Hindustanee (Vol. I, No. IV), the official organ of the United India League, published from Vancouver, British Columbia. The front page reports on a "Big Wrestling Match" at the Commercial Club in Vancouver, between Dalbagh Singh and Pat Connelly, Champion of Great Britain. In the opening pages, Taraknath Das reports on the arrest and proposed deportation of Har Dayal. Other articles primarily focus on Indian-Canadian life and the "Hindu Question" raised by Canadian Parliament. The full contents are listed as follows:
• “Wrestling Match -- Pat Connelly vs. Dalbagh Singh”
• “Arrest of Har Dyal by U.S.A. Immigration Officers”
• "H.H. Stevens Imposes His Ignorance on Canadian Parliament on Hindu Question"
• "Editorial -- Asiatic Immigration"
• "Woman Problem in India"
• "Review of the Hindustanee Student"
• "Education Among Sikhs" by Rajah Singh
• "The Work Before Us" by Taraknath Das
• "Canada as a Hindu Saw It"
Date: April 1, 1914
Subject(s): The Hindustanee
Source: The Hindustanee
Contributor: Taraknath Das, Rajah Singh
Publisher: United India League
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Collection: Mahesh and Ishwar Chandra Family Materials
Donor: Rani Bagai
Item History: 2013-01-23 (created); 2017-06-21 (modified)
* This digital object may not be sold or redistributed, copied or distributed as a photograph, electronic file, or any other media without express written consent from the copyright holder and the South Asian American Digital Archive (SAADA). The user is responsible for all issues of copyright. If you are the rightful copyright holder of this item and its use online constitutes an infringement of your copyright, please contact us by email at email@example.com to discuss its removal from the archive.