Click to launch book reader: here
The Independent Hindustan (January 1921)
The January 1921 issue of The Independent Hindustan (Vol. 1, No. 5), the monthly organ of the Hindustan Gadar Party, features several original editorials, reviews, and reprinted articles. Notably, the issue draws comparisons between the Indian Independence movement and the American revolution and includes an article by Taraknath Das. A full listing of the contents of the issue follows:
• “A New Year”
• “A Hindu Lady Speaks Out the Mind of India”
• “War Raging in North Western Frontier of India”
• “The Indian National Congress for Independence”
• “The National Convention of the Friends of Freedom for India"
• “America and India by Professor Robert Morss Lovett"
• “India’s Fight for Independence by S.F. Husain-Khan"
• “Why We Fight – A Poem by Robin Lampson"
• “International Aspects of the Indian Question by Taraknath Das"
• “The Parting of Ways by Bhagat Singh"
• Notes and News
Date: January 1921
Contributor: Surendra Karr, Taraknath Das, Bhagat Singh, Robert Morss Lovett, S.F. Husain-Khan, Robin Lampson
Publisher: Hindustan Gadar Party
Location: 5 Wood Street, San Francisco, CA
Item History: 2012-08-06 (created); 2013-05-03 (modified)
* This digital object may not be sold or redistributed, copied or distributed as a photograph, electronic file, or any other media without express written consent from the copyright holder and the South Asian American Digital Archive (SAADA). The user is responsible for all issues of copyright. If you are the rightful copyright holder of this item and its use online constitutes an infringement of your copyright, please contact us by email at email@example.com to discuss its removal from the archive.