Click to launch book reader: here
The Independent Hindustan (February 1921)
The February 1921 issue of The Independent Hindustan (Vol. 1, No. 6), the monthly organ of the Hindustan Gadar Party, features several original editorials, reviews, and reprinted articles. Notably, the issue makes several comparisons between Irish and Indian nationalists and includes an article by Taraknath Das. A full listing of the contents of the issue follows:
• “Peasants’ Revolt in India”
• “India’s Decision”
• “A King’s Representative”
• “India’s Decision by Surendra Karr”
• “The Rising Tide of Anti-Imperialism by Arthur Thomson"
• “Amritsar – A Poem by Kevin"
• “Where is the Flag of England? – Poem by Henry Labouchere"
• “International Aspects of the Indian Question by Taraknath Das"
• “The Pulse of the Press"
• “Notes and News"
Date: February 1921
Contributor: Surendra Karr, Arthur Thomson, Henry Labouchere, Taraknath Das
Publisher: Hindustan Gadar Party
Location: 5 Wood Street, San Francisco, CA
Item History: 2012-08-06 (created); 2013-05-03 (modified)
* This digital object may not be sold or redistributed, copied or distributed as a photograph, electronic file, or any other media without express written consent from the copyright holder and the South Asian American Digital Archive (SAADA). The user is responsible for all issues of copyright. If you are the rightful copyright holder of this item and its use online constitutes an infringement of your copyright, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss its removal from the archive.